By Christopher Kiprop
A middle aged man charged with defiling a minor was Wednesday released on a sh. 300,000 bond by a Kabarnet magistrate Court.
Appearing before Senior Principal Magistrate Paul Biwott, David Kwalot was charged with defilement contrary to section 8(1) as read with section 8 (3) of the sexual offences act no.3 of 2006.
According to the particulars of the case, on November 15 and 17, 2020 at Yatoi sub location in Baringo South sub-county within Baringo County, the accused intentionally defiled a 13 years old child.
In response to the charge the accused pleaded not guilty saying that it was a false accusation being placed on him.
“I did not defile the child and am only being accused falsely,” Kwalot told the Principal Magistrate.
The prosecution counsel Carol Muriu said she had not brought the witnesses as the complainant was unwell and she had been escorted to hospital by her guardian and wanted the case to be adjourned to a different date with consideration that the complainant is still a student.
In response, the accused lawyer Mike Chebii said he did not oppose the application but prayed for the court to release his client on bond for he was unwell and needed to seek medication.
The magistrate said that the reason given for the non-attendance of the complainant and witnesses is sufficient and had satisfied the court.
Biwott ordered the accused to be released on Sh.100, 000 cash bail or a bond of Sh.300,000 until April 6, 2021.