WHO WE ARE
Mtoto News is a digital and media platform whose mission is to make children visible. We do this through:
- Curating, creating, and circulating content on children and by children in different ways, including audio, video, written materials and infographics.
- Child participation, where we believe that children should be seen as players and not spectators, hence we capacitate children, create platforms, and allow them to participate. We are working to create child-led initiatives where children take lead in matters that affect them.
- Research and Data, research has a way of making children visible especially in child-led research. Mtoto News works to empower children to inform policy, programs, and practice through the use of children’s voices, child-led and child-informed research.
Making children visible
A world where children are seen as players and not spectators
To improve child wellbeing by leveraging technology
- To provide a platform for child participation.
- To improve ethical reporting in the Best Interest of the Child.
- To provide a problem-solving platform where child sector practitioners can engage and collaborate.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Child participation is in our DNA.
- We will put the Best Interest of the child first in all our work.
- We shall endeavor to be Transparent in everything that we do.
- We will provide Quality services.
- We will remain Objective in everything that we do.
- Our work shall be guided by Evidence.
- We shall adhere to the ‘Do no harm’ principle.
Tools and Content creation
Child Participation and Advocacy
Research and data analysis